The role is of high strategic importance to the business. Reporting into the Specifications Leader, you will act as a conduit communicating and implementing the specifications strategy. You will be promoting SARA’s products and brands in the region, ensuring the product lines are at the forefront of all Architects and Specifiers minds. You will be responsible for managing and coaching a team of consultants and helping them build a solid project pipeline. You will use your existing experience and industry knowledge to stay on top of industry trends, region’s standards, codes and regulations and to continually develop and maintain relationships.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with sanitary ware specifiers, and key accounts to enhance the company brands in the marketplace.
- Expand the close working relationships with developers, interior designers, architects, and engineering consultants.
- Maintain good rapport with the key decision makers in consultancies and client offices.
- Promote and sell specifications through visits, seminars, and online meetings.
- Track specified projects from concept through to a completed design.
- Organize sessions to boost future specification opportunities and brand awareness of company with consultants, developers, and architects.
- Support product selection in tender stage to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of sales performance.
- Understand market trends and share relevant information with Product Team for future product developments.
- Build, develop and grow a strong project pipeline of specifications with your team.
- Provide clients with specification solutions, tracking specified projects through to a secured order.
- Evaluate new brand awareness and marketing changes to generate a pull strategy for clients.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects for sales options.
- Research and monitor existing client base and industry developments and identify potential new project opportunities.
- Work with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy.
- Keep the team motivated and working together with enthusiasm and positivity.
- Strong communicator, driven, energetic, professional, and extremely organized.
- Proactive and creative in reaching out to and understanding clients.
- Maintains a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
- Portray SARA’s positive and exemplary image in front of customers.
- Strong leadership and role model competencies, experience working with multi-cultural people.
- Think and act globally.
- Provide direction and focus.
- Regularly visits developers to consolidate relationships and keep abreast of customer performance, requirements, complaints and demands.
- Work effectively within the team and encourage teamwork.
- Check customer satisfaction levels with the company and products.
- Establish contact and developing relationships with prospects, recommending solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing and pushing for results.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- BA/BS from a reputable university
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Minimum 5 years’ specifications managerial experience in the relevant product categories
- Strong background in specification or design
- Experience in managing a large and technical product portfolio from multiple points of view (e.g., product groups and technology)
- Strong process/project management capabilities
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Open to travelling outside UAE; possess strong network in UAE and GCC market with various architects, interior designers, architects, and engineering clients, etc.