Responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Identify business objectives, risks and evaluate key controls.
- Developing specific audit objectives, plans, and scope consistent with the Internal Audit Activity’s Charter, the IA overall plan, the assessment of audit risk, and the audit needs.
- Scheduling audits, meetings, and determining the budget that is necessary.
- Communicating with process owners about audits and interfacing with personnel throughout the organization, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues and achieve the desired corrective actions
- Executing the audits in line with the audit scope and business plan.
- Assist in the design and execution of operational audits to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment, compliance with SARA Group policies and procedures, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Maintaining compliance with Internal Audit Activity procedures and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing while executing audit work.
- Preparing and executing detailed audit programs tailored to each audit to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed.
- Writing and editing audit reports to facilitate recommendations and ultimately corrective actions.
- Suggesting practical solutions to problems arising in business and financial operations.
- Communicate with other departments to verify records and confirm SARA Group policies.
- Evaluate SARA Group inventory, records, worker statements, assets, payrolls, cash on hand, insurance, tax statements and annuities, and use the information to guide financial policy
- Performing work narratives and work charts for the audited Companies.
- Performing special projects as directed by the IA Director and the Audit Committee.
- Research country financial laws and examine the Company’s books to ensure compliance and inform management immediately if there is a discrepancy.
- Review past data, stay informed about new developments and be prepared to integrate changing books into a current policy.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree in Business Administration in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Internal Audit
- CIA is a plus.
- Experience in Big4 is a plus.
- Based in Beirut with 40-50% travel
- Mathematical, analytical, communication (written and oral), time management, decision making and leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.