Lead on the development of SARA’s Chocolate portfolio by creating and maintaining processes in the areas of production, sourcing, pricing, and merchandising, Coordinate with sales leaders on growing this segment of the business.
- Monitor and devises action plans based on latest market trends and competition activity.
- Lead on the selection and development of products in coordination with sales leaders across the company.
- Create yearly calendars based on major events and holidays within SARA’s markets.
- Launch new products periodically including new packaging, arrangements, and in-store merchandising.
- Ensure merchandising standardization across stores, and compliance with guidelines.
- Source new suppliers globally for chocolate production and packaging to achieve departmental goals.
- Build relationships with existing suppliers and create assessment tools for measuring supplier efficiency.
- Represent SARA as the technical expert in all chocolate matters.
- Implement the highest quality standards in procuring and storing chocolates through the product lifecycle.
- Obtain necessary certification enabling the storage and sales of chocolate across SARA’s operations.
- Negotiate and continuously improve terms with existing suppliers.
- Procure products according on the group’s inventory management strategy.
- Analyze and monitor historical sales and trends to best anticipate customer buying patterns and determine best purchasing strategy for each item or product.
- BA/BS undergraduate degree in business or related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ sales and purchasing experience.
- Experience in chocolate production is a plus.
- Experience in planning and working with executives, sales teams, and product development teams.
- High level of personal and professional integrity with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments.