The Product Leader ensures the development of short and long-term product plans according to market demand and overall company strategy. The role will be the custodian of the Company’s Product Portfolio, Product Data, Product Positioning, and Pricing Strategy.
Market Research and Strategic Analysis:
- Recommend, set up, conduct, and analyze the needed market research covering SARA’s industries, competition, regions, and channels.
- Review and analyze SARA’s existing product portfolio’s nature and scope and identify gaps in its offerings.
- Identify opportunities for innovation by analyzing global trends and initiatives and creating or adapting products accordingly.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to define channel strategy.
- Conduct in-depth pricing and product analysis, determine the pricing strategy, and set the list price and price policies for SARA’s markets and channels.
Product Development and Launching:
- Develop products matching regional taste and designs by understanding SARA’s customers and identifying potential trends.
- Analyze proposed product requirements and product development programs, and prepare return-on-investment analysis
- Generate product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Review production and sales costs anticipate volume, cost special, and customized orders.
- Create a network and relationship with global suppliers and maintain continuous assessment of their performance.
- Create product calendars and coordinate with the Marketing Division for internal product launches.
- Select the best channel for product launches and assist in the communication through agencies and merchandising.
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to product phase-out
- Monitor product performance, seek feedback from internal stakeholders and customers, and build on learnings
- Initiate product repositioning and replacement initiatives.
- Model behavior that reflects the company’s core values.
- Develop and lead with a compelling strategic vision aligned with SARA’s short- and long-term goals and strategic plan.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Cultivate transparent and robust working relationships across and at all levels of the organization.
- Lead regular management meetings to communicate corporate directives that impact business strategy.
- Embrace teamwork, treat people fairly, and strive to achieve understanding.
- Demonstrate learning agility, remaining flexible in the face of conflicting directions, and challenge the status quo by initiating new ideas to create efficiencies.
- Monitor customer needs and expectations, and service trends to develop and recommend improvements to enhance customer experience.
- Possess business maturity and excellent judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and ensure high-quality deliverables with attention to detail.
- Strategic, critical and creative thinker, strong business sense, and excellent financial skills.
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments.
- Ability to develop and manage a high-performance team focused on accountability and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to create a culture of accountability, pride of ownership, strong morale, and dedication to the customer experience.
- Understands how to set priorities in complex situations and manage time despite unexpected interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be retail savvy; understand the retail climate and consumer trends.
- Ability to work cross-functionally so that the merchandising, marketing and operational business is cohesive, seamless, and impactful.
- Ability to communicate effectively through all channels as well as take the initiative and establish plans.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, expressing and logically articulating a point of view and “own” outcomes.
- Able to articulate and exemplify brand vision.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- BA degree in business, marketing or related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience with a proven track record required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership position.
- Experience in strategic planning and working with executives and product development teams.
- Ability to lead on an international team of senior leaders.
- High level of personal and professional integrity with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience in sanitary ware, tableware, and furniture are preferred.