Responsible for the collection of outstanding accounts receivable from existing clients, resolving customer billing issues, and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. The incumbent must be able to understand and translate large amounts of numbers and financial information, negotiate tactfully, and persistently contact people of interest to collect the value owed.
- Collect customer payments following payment due dates.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system of incoming and late payments.
- Communicate with the sales team to maintain accurate and updated information on client accounts and payments.
- Contact customers to inform on delinquency, encourage on-time payments and set up payment plans that can facilitate good credit.
- Process customer payments, account adjustments, and customer refunds where appropriate.
- Review records for accuracy and handling disputes to make sure that account information is entered and maintained appropriately.
- Professionally make outbound collection calls while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolve client-billing problems and accounts receivable delinquency while applying good customer service.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 6 years of corporate collections experience preferably from the building materials industry including interaction with a large customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field preferred.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); working knowledge of databases, or financial software a plus
- Creative, self-disciplined, and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable working with targets.
- Excellent knowledge of billing procedures.