Responsible for preparing and reviewing accounting transactions of a complex nature, preparing and analysing financial reports, completing bank reconciliations and completing other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information, document and substantiate financial transactions for assigned centers or accounts.
- Conduct financial analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Reconcile and proactively resolve financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and review P&L discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis.
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Responsible for month-end reports as well as corporate and regional allocations.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Complete multiple assignments, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with other departments to ensure proper accounting methods, as well as understanding their business needs as it pertains to the respective accounts.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to smooth the operation of the finance function
- To operate within the Company Authority Matrix ensuring adherence by the jobholder and all subordinates as prescribed by the document.
- Ongoing communication with the Finance Manager in order to develop strategies and plans, seek support, and report on progress.
- Close communication and coordination corporate functions and sales team
- Main external contacts are with banks and financial institutions, legal and tax advisors.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge:
- Experience of company planning process.
- Should have already performed role of financial accountant.
- Understanding of distribution and logistics.
- Understanding of sales systems.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- The ability to balance the demands of work with study commitments
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Bachelor & Master Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Finance and Accounting qualification, preferably CA, CPA or ACCA
- At least 3 years’ experience in a trading business